Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spaceman Jax Export Program

I've been busy taking care of some back end production stuff.  Namely programming.

I'm not a programmer by any mean, and if any programmer were to look at my code I think they would have an heart attack, but I manage to code what I need for my needs.  In the past I've been able to develop databases and make all the edits and changes to our Curio & Co. site.  In the pas four year I've been getting better and better (it helped that I had some action scripting experience).  I would love to have someone on staff that could take care of all of this stuff or an elf.

What I've developed is an exporting script for photoshop.  If you ever worked on a book or on a site you know how much receptive work there is once you finished creating/editing/compositing those hundreds of files.  I needed a way to streamline things for the Spaceman Jax comic book production and unfortunately the actions in Photoshop were not an options as they can not be set-up dynamically.  Hence me writing a couple thousands lines of code, and getting some new gray hair while doing it.  But, it was all for a good cause so I was happy doing it, plus I love learning new things.  Life would be boring otherwise.

Here's the the first UI panel I've ever developed, it's not in the final lay-out, but the balk of the scrip is done and it gets the job done.  Just a few more tweaks and it's time to move on to the next task.

Spaceman Jax export script UI test - Developed by Cesare Asaro for Curio & Co. Curio and Co. OG www.curioandco.com



Testing 1, 2, 3… Testing

Spaceman Jax comic book cover - export setting test - created by Curio & Co. Curio and Co. OG www.curioandco.com - illustration and design by Cesare Asaro, Spaceman Jax protects Dekkin from a Mantagon while standing on a mine.