Monday, February 06, 2012

Neil Gaiman card - Gadabout TM-1050 time machine user manual

Neil Gaiman card to Curio & Co. - Gadabout TM-1050 time machine user manual - Curio and Co. Curio & Co. www.curioandco.com - by Cesare Asaro and Kirstie Shepherd

Neil Gaiman, yes we (Curio & Co.) also sent Mr. Gaiman, writer of The Sandman and Stardust (two of my favorite works of his) a copy of our Gadabout TM-1050 time machine user's manual. We received this card on February 2, 2012 (no time travel was necessary for the delivery of this card). I have to say I would've liked to have had my name on the card, even though it indirectly is there as I am Curio & Co., and well... Kirstie is the one that sent the letter. How cool is it to receive mail from Neil Gaiman? As an aside, I saw him talk back in 2007 at the San Diego Comic-Con (here is a snippet of the talk), he's funny, easy going and captivating! It was an hour of Q&A with the public, and story telling. If you happen to hear he's giving a lecture, I suggest you go see him speak.

Neil Gaiman with Curio & Co. - Gadabout TM-1050 time machine user manual - Curio and Co. Curio & Co. www.curioandco.com - by Cesare Asaro and Kirstie Shepherd

I have to mention Cat Mihos, Mr. Gaiman's assistant, was key for us receiving such a wonderful trinket by mail, the photo she took of him looking at our book, and of course including us in the Neverwear blog post when Neil Gaiman comes to town... Thank you Cat!