Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Painting Again…

It has been a while since I last picked up a brush, I mean the paintbrush, canvas, and the whole get up, mixing the oil paints, preparing the medium, getting the thinner out. I remembered it use to take me 15-20 min to get ready, plus cleaning up.

Well I just got my hands on a Cintiq and I feel like I’m painting again. It is so intuitive and direct you click and you have the color no more time spent mixing. It used to be the thing that drove me crazy the most, color is one of those thigs. I guess that is why I like drawing better. It is a lot more immediate, but who know… know that I have access to a Cintiq things may change. I started making some color thumbnails for the annual Christmas card, and man, it is fast and clean.

On the other hand, it might just be the excitement of a new toy. I guess time will tell. One thing is sure, for me, nothing beats sketching.

Feedback is always welcome.

What you are looking at is a first version of a board for an ad.