Friday, July 20, 2012

Printer Resources For Independent Art Publishers

At the bottom of this post you'll find, what I would call, a golden link, if you are looking for an art printer.  Finding a good printer is HELL! finding an Art Printer that understands what the heck you are trying to achieve, well… that will drive you to HELL permanently.  OK, ok, I exaggerated, but at list for a long time, and you'll still have to digest the nightmare that you endure.  I'm still getting rid of the bitter taste dealing with incompetent people during the production of the Gadabout.


The list at the link claims to be a "Printer Resources For Independent Art Publishers", now, to me it looks well managed and there are printers in the list that I know have a high reputation. I wish I had know about this list long time ago when I first started in this business. It would've made my research and production much easier.  It's even subdivided in printers that specialize in smaller quantity runs down to 1 unit up to 3000 and more, or in letterpress, or in large formats, and more.


If you are in the art printing business it just may be worth your time taking a look, this list of printers is international so, you just may find what you are looking for next door.

http://print-resources.tumblr.com